Sunday, October 2, 2016

Survivor Story: Bevylyn Lee

My Journey With Cancer


Hi my name is Bevylyn Lee and I am 60 years old.  I’d like to tell you about my journey with cancer.  My journey started in February 2015.  One day while showering I noticed a big lump. I was scheduled to see the doctor and informed her of the big lump I found.  The doctor immediately scheduled me for a mammogram. Well, the results came back positive…stage 3. I became very afraid and the tears started flowing.  I then said to myself God is in control and I stopped crying.  I began to think about my survival. I then started praying and thinking about all the children and people I have helped and I knew God was with me.  I called Nora and told her about the stage 3 cancer.   She said don’t worry call my friend Carolyn who was diagnosed and was victorious in her battle with cancer.  I called Carolyn we started talking about my situation and her situation.  She was very encouraging and helpful with names of hospitals I should visit. I thanked God for her wisdom, knowledge and support. I could go on and on about my journey with cancer, but now I’m on a new journey of being cancer free.  I’d like to give thanks to all my supporters.  First I’d like to say thanks to God who is my savior.  My daughters; Temika and Charnisa (son in laws Shain and Garland).  My sisters; Gladys, Regina, Doris, Latoya and Sonja.  My good friends; Nora, Lula, Brenda, Ethel, Val and Mrs. Opal and newest friend Carolyn. All my new found friends in Georgia ; Ms.Mary, Michelle, Raymond, Velma, Barbara, Victoria, Tyrecia, Joann, Patrick Bridgewaters, Margret, Angel & Jimmie, Temika, Toya, Cody, Crystal, Marlene, Mr. Dennis, Joel, Derwin and anyone I may have forgotten.  Thank You God!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment