Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Survivor Story: Katrina Baskins


My name is Katrina Baskins, and I am a cancer survivor.  It all began when I visited my gynecologist in 2008 for a routine check-up.  He felt a lump during the exam and advised me to go for a follow-up.  I did not go immediately and waited 6 months as I   Brushed the urgency to the side.  When I finally followed up I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer.  Early detection is extremely important and I wished I had gone sooner but nevertheless, I followed the Doctors orders and went through an ordeal of treatment and recovery for 6 months. Five years later, the cancer returned, and I was devastated, but I knew that God will never leave me and with the support of friends like Carolyn Lewis as well as family, I made it through once again.  Every day is a journey but I am grateful and thankful for every waking moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment